For sewing light to heavy-weight materials such as leather, vinyl, upholstery, synthetics, canvas and various coated and laminated products.
Designed for stitching such products as auto, boat and furniture upholstery, tarpaulins, covers, sails, tents, camping trailer covers, awnings, umbrellas, tops, bags, luggage, handbags, travelware accessories, sports and camping equipment, wearing apparel, outdoor clothing, canvas shoes, slippers, orthopedic appliances, etc.
Excellent sewing capabilities and feed performance.
• With its larger needlebar stroke, higher presser foot lift, and newly adopted double-tension mechanism, the machine offers excellent sewing capabilities and responsiveness.
The alternating vertical movements of the walking foot and presser foot are as large as 6.5mm. In addition, the ratio between alternating vertical movements of the walking foot and presser foot remains unchanged even when the material thickness changes. Thanks to this feature and the adoption of a new method of rectangular feed that prevents needle from fraying, the machine sews multi-layered parts of a material with consistent stitching pitch while preventing stitch gathering.
High-speed performance increases productivity.
• The machine delivers increased productivity at sewing speeds as high as 2,500rpm (DNU-1541, DNU-1541S).
Excellent operability and maintainability
• The stitch length can be easily selected by the stitch dial.
The machine's enhanced operability features include a clear view of the area around the needle, placement of the bobbin thread winder on the front face of the machine arm, and a large handwheel(160mm).
• A knee-lifter mechanism is built in the bed. This reduces the pressure required to operate the knee-lifter and facilitates setup.
• The machine’s full-open-type top design makes adjusting works easier.
• The machine comes with a lubricating mechanism that uses a centralized oil wick. This substantially reduces the time and trouble required for oiling the machine. (Hook : automatic.)
• A walking foot mechanism is built into the machine arm to prevent oil from scattering
Speed, Max (S.P.M.) : 2500*
Clearance Under Foot : (16mm)
Needle Bar Stroke : (36mm)
Stitch Length, Max. : (9mm)
Amount of alternating vertical movement : 2.5~6.5mm
Needle : 135 x 17 and 135 x 16 for leather
Bobbin - Metal : 18034 - Pre-wound : M
Hook : 18033
Bed Size : 18-25/32"x 7 (477 x 178mm)
*Speed depends on thread, material and operation.